Southern Blue Mountains
We consider the following areas to be geographically part of the Southern Blue Mountains. The Parks Service labels this southern region the Colong Sector, named after the prominent basalt capped Mount Colong of the area.
These areas are generally accessible via the timber town of Oberon and the Tablelands Way.
- The Tablelands Way
- Abercrombie River National Park
- Mount Werong & the Oberon-Colong Stock Route
- Nattai Wilderness and Thirlmere Lakes
- Yerranderie Conservation Area
- Wombeyan Caves
- Tarlo River National Park